Here at Desert Oasis Teff & Grain, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve our processes to provide the purest, most flavor-packed grains this good earth can give us.
We take pride in making sure the grains we produce here on the farm retain their nutritional integrity and are worthy of your family’s table. Any change we make to our harvesting or processes reflects our values and is carried out through our hands-on approach.
We’ve Got Some Exciting News …
We’re thrilled to announce an exciting change we’ve made to ensure even higher quality grains: our facility recently became Kosher certified. We decided to go through the process of Kosher certification so our grains are more accessible to families who value and rely on Kosher-certified products or would like more access to gluten-free, Kosher grains. Each one of Desert Oasis Teff & Grain products now meet strict Kosher standards.
What Does Kosher Mean?
Kosher foods are those that are consumed, produced, processed and prepared following specific cleanliness, purity and quality guidelines. In order to satisfy Kosher guidelines, a product has to be made from only Kosher ingredients and then processed on equipment that is Kosher compliant.
In their pure form, all grains are considered Kosher, though if any equipment used during processing doesn’t follow Kosher guidelines, the grain is deemed “not Kosher”. Desert Oasis uses equipment and a farming process that complies with all relevant Kosher guidelines, ensuring our end product is 100% Kosher.
In celebration of our recent Kosher certification, we want to share this spectacular Kosher Chocolate Teff Cake recipe with you. Take this cake to your next family dinner and win over every heart at the dinner table!
Kosher Chocolate Teff Cake
Get ready to fall in love with chocolate cake all over again. This chocolate cake recipe absolutely nails the richness and flavor. How? Teff flour of course! Teff flour enhances the rich chocolate flavor and creates a remarkable texture. Simply replace your traditional flour with Desert Oasis teff flour in dessert recipes for a completely Kosher and gluten-free sweet treat (when used with other Kosher ingredients).
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Desert Oasis teff flour
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
This recipe uses 100% Kosher, gluten-free ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 or 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and bittersweet chocolate over low heat, continually stirring. Let cool.
- Pour cooled mixture in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, Desert Oasis teff flour, espresso powder and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add eggs and beat until the batter is light and fluffy. Add pecans and combine. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cool, carefully remove from the pan. Serve cake topped with melted chocolate and fresh berries.
For more desserts, check out our recipe page.