We’re over-the-moon here at Desert Oasis Teff & Grain. Why, you ask? Because we recently hosted a farmer’s tour for the Nevada Farms Conference. Nearly 200 farmers and other professionals in the agriculture industry took a tour of our farm. It was a busy and exciting day!
We had the opportunity to share how we’ve diversified our field crops by branching into heritage, gluten-free grains including teff and sorghum. Our work means a lot to us, and it was a real pleasure hosting so many faces at our facilities.
We also had a chance to share our family teff brownie recipe, aptly named the Getto Teff Brownie Recipe. Our son Myles Getto made the brownies for our guests. Thanks, Myles!
If you haven’t tasted teff brownies, boy are you in for a treat! We whip up a batch up these warm and gooey brownies any chance we get.
The teff flour and walnuts add the perfect amount of protein and fiber. But don’t worry, you won’t be able to detect these healthy additions. Take these brownies to your next potluck and your friends will be smiling from ear to ear!
The Getto Teff Brownie Recipe
- 10 tbs unsalted butter (divided into 10 1 tbs pieces)
- 6 oz of 60% chocolate, chopped finely
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup Desert Oasis Teff & Grain Teff Flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup oil (neutral flavor, like vegetable)
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter with chocolate over a double boiler. Stir often until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour butter and chocolate mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in eggs and oil. Add nuts if desired.
- Lightly butter 9×9 in pan.
- Pour mix into pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.